Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Stepping in it

Apparently, Qwest and I didn't reach any kind of agreement: at no point in time yesterday did any kind of delivery service turn up to hand me my replacement DSL modem.

I have to admit that I'm more than a little surprised by that -- the last person I spoke with at Qwest assured me that it would go out Monday because my name was second on the list at just after 9:00 in the morning.

I don't know what happened, who's responsible, or why. The Qwest support person that I dealt with last expressed their understanding of the consequences if I didn't get my modem, yet it didn't arrive as promised.

So, at 3:05 (I waited until 3PM, Just In Case) yesterday, I called Bresnan (the local Cable company) and signed up for one of their specials: Internet, digital telephone (aka Voice over IP, or VOIP), and basic cable. I expect that when the intro deal period passes, I'll drop the cable TV. Installation is supposed to happen between 10AM and Noon this coming Monday, the 18th.

Qwest, you've got to learn to quit stepping on your own weenies...

No comments: