Monday, March 2, 2009

Tag, I'm It!

No, wait...

The Blonde Goddess, bless her terminally horny soul, whipped around and hit me in the eye with a nunchuck

meme. To Wit:

"Your ship has sunk. You have, of course, been stranded on a deserted island. You have salvaged a copy of the King James Version of the Bible and a copy of the complete works of Shakespeare. Nothing else. “The very next day you find one of those Arabian Lamps in the sand. Of course, you rub it and, of course, a rather grumpy Genie appears. “‘Let’s get this straight - there is a recession going on. There are restrictions on the three wishes now. I don’t do water or air transport now so no boats, planes or magic carpets. As for electronics, forget it. There isn’t the infrastructure on this island. “‘I can let you have one book and I mean one VOLUME, one essential item and one luxury item. Now hurry up and make your choices, I have to get to those five other islands you are going nominate."
The book, I'd go with one of those antique-y "How to make your own everything" kind of things. You know, the ones that explained how to make your own black powder, soap, distill alcohol, and all that.

The necessity would have to be a Bowie knife; with time and patience, you can do damn near anything with those suckers -- even fell a tree.

Luxury item... geez, THAT'S the stumper. Of all the shit that I'd like to have, which one would I want the most... well, with no infrastructure (electricity, running water, etc), there isn't a whole lot that I'd want that could really DO anything with. Between my reading material and the knife, I could make reasonable approximations of damn near anything non-technical I wanted (such as musical instrument or whatever), so I'm going to go with a big-ass case of coffee beans (pre-roasted, thank you).

Okay, now that I'm done with the asshole Genie, I'm going to send him off to help

Erica

Jimbo

Randy

Craig

and

LeeAnn

That THAT!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know it sounds like a bullshit cop out, but I don't think I can improve on your choices. I thought maybe a rifle, but I'm not sure that would come with bullets. Also, a Bowie knife can do more things than a rifle. While I would love a rifle to shoot any gators that might show up, I suppose (Yeef!) a Bowie Knife would do the trick, only more up close and personal.

Blonde Goddess said...

What? No woman???

Dave said...

You're already spoken for...

LeeAnn said...

Oops, just saw this and will get to it. Really I will. Soon as I find my cheese crackers.