Saturday, April 26, 2008

Commercial activity

I'm sitting here watching reruns of Cops (watching the crooks engaging in Felony Stupid amuses me), and I just saw a Burger King commercial. Is it just me, or are is that plastic 'King' character more than a little creepy? I mean, between the character and the situations they put him in, those ads are more than enough to put me off going there all by themselves.

Another one that completely puts me off my feed is that damn Dairy Queen commercial with the shrimp eating Popcorn Shrimp.

On the other hand, I do appreciate some of the commercials I've seen. I suspect I'm just one of a multitude of people that enjoys the hell out of the majority of the AFLAC commercials, for example. Another one I like is the 7-Up commercial with the Belching Bunny. I don't know if it's just a local outfit or not, but Taco Johns has been running a series of commercials that utilize W(h?)iplash the Cowboy Monkey (he's a Capuchin monkey that rides a dog) that are usually pretty funny.

Some of these outfits do a damn fine job of making their product or brand memorable - for good or ill...

No comments: